Thursday, May 16, 2013

Project Sewn: Sun dress

I'm still here!  I know, I know...I'm the most random blog post-er in the world.
I can't help it.  This year has been cray.  Cray-zy!

Ok.  To the subject at hand.
Liz & Elizabeth of Simple Simon & Co. , the ladies behind Project Run & Play have had the best idea!
They have started a blog similar to PR&P but for women!
I like sewing for my kiddos but I do sew for myself too.
They are in the middle of a few weeks of challenges.  
My plan was to do all of them but I never finished last week's challenge, black & white.
My black & white project is sitting in my sewing studio half done.
I did finish this week's challenge though!  
The sundress.


This dress is made from a comfy black & whit knit that I got from Girl Charlee.
I love maxi dresses & skirts in the summer.  I needed to add more to my closet so here's the newest one!

But wait, there's more!

The back of the dress has a scooped neck line.  I used leather for the neck band and made a leather strap across the back.

So this sundress has a bit of edge to it.
I think it will be perfect for summer.







3 comments:

  1. So cool, I love it! I could live in maxi dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute - love the fabric mixing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I love that striped fabric.

    ReplyDelete