Wednesday, March 6, 2013

China Cabinet Re-do

I have a friend who finds the best furniture to redo.
She does some furniture refurbishing on the side.
You can check out Michelle's facebook page HERE.

I had been looking for a china cabinet or hutch for a while to put in my kitchen.
Michelle found this wonderful china cabinet that she was going to refurbish but changed her mind.
We did some bartering and I got the cabinet from her and went to town on it!
Here it is before

Isn't it a beauty?
At first I went back and forth on weather or not I should paint it or just leave it as is.
In the end I decided to paint it.  I felt like I needed it to be brighter.
My inspiration on painting the cabinet came from Bailey at Peppermint Bliss and these china cabinets

Image: Peppermint Bliss

I love that salmon pink on the inside & the white is so crisp & clean.
On a side note, I would LOVE to have Bailey come to my house and do whatever her heart desires.
She's an interior designer and I love her style.

So, want to see my finished cabinet?

I love it so much.
I kept the hardware the same and left the wood detail in the center glass dark.
I like the contrast it has.
Instead of using this cabinet in my kitchen, it will be left in my studio for some pretty storage.

I had fun with this cabinet and feel more furniture painting in my future!




No comments:

Post a Comment