Tuesday, September 25, 2012

DIY-ed Bubble Necklace

I'm fairly positive you have seen the J.Crew Bubble necklace.  
I've seen it all over pintrest, but in case you haven't seen it yet here it is.

Beautiful, no?
I bought myself a turquoise one off ebay for a fraction of what J. Crew was asking for it.
If you order them from ebay you need patience though.  It took a month to get here.  I had big plans for that necklace and I was disappointed it took so long.  But, I really liked it when it got here.  It quickly became my favorite necklace and I wanted one in every color.
I thought it might be a little excessive if I did that though.  So I decided to make just one and I wanted a green one.

I made it a little bit smaller than the one from J.Crew.  I like them both ways.  


I really had no idea where to start when making this necklace so I went to Pintrest to help me find some ideas.
I got the material list from HERE and just used the original picture as a guide.
I found another blog where it tells you more on how to make the necklace.  You can find that HERE.
I got the large cabochons & the settings from THIS Etsy shop.

I've been into making jewelry a lot lately.  Do you like making jewelry?
What kinds of jewelry have you made lately?




No comments:

Post a Comment