Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Chunky Rings

    Chunky Rings


I like chunky rings.  So I made some for myself.

Last summer I got this wonderful box of clip on earrings from my friend.  
They were her grandmother's.  I didn't take all of them, I only took a few pairs.

These were my favorites.  
I knew I wanted to do something with them but I didn't know what til a few weeks ago.
I made some chunky rings.  It was so simple and I'm going to show you how.

Supplies:
Clip-on earring
ring base
strong glue (I used E6000)

Take the clip off the back of the earring. 


Rough up the earring back and the top of the ring base. 
This will help the glue adhere better.

Cover most (not all) of the ring base with glue and put the earring on the ring base.
You may need to hold the earring on top of the ring base for a little while til the glue sets.
Let the glue dry overnight.
Enjoy your new ring!

Imagine the possibilities!  You can make rings out of awesome vintage earrings, an earring that has lost it's mate, I could go on and on.

In case you want one of these vintage turquoise & silver rings I listed it in my ETSY SHOP.
Click HERE for this ring.

I also added THIS fun red & silver glitter & confetti ring to 
the shop that I made from some of those earrings.

This would be a great accessory for the up coming holidays!

Do you have any vintage or other jewelry that could be given new life into a ring?




2 comments:

  1. I love these. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/natural-coconut-bubble-bath-and.html
    I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I will be checking out your blog right now!

      Delete