Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Dye Job 1

Pintrest is a great thing. 
So many wonderful recipes, workouts and outfits just to name a few.
Sometimes you see something that you love but you know you will never find it.
So what do you do?
Make it yourself.


This skirt, for instance.
You may have seen this outfit floating around Pintrest:
::
I cannot find the source for this picture,  If you know, please let me know.

I really like this maxi.
I love the neutral color, the length and the fullness.
I wanted to make this in knit fabric but couldn't find any in this color, 
so I got some white knit and dyed it.
The Rit Dye website has a color chart that you find the formula to make any color.
I dyed 2 yards of white knit fabric in the washing machine and it turned out wonderful.


I've dyed things before but never in the washing machine.
My projects always came out splotchy.
Not in the washer.
That's the only way I will dye anything from now on.
The fabric turned out great, very even.

I used THIS tutorial from Elle Apparrel to make the skirt.

Here's another look, my version of what I found on Pintrest

This was a fun project, and really, pretty easy.
After the fabric was dyed it took me less than 2 hours to make this skirt.
It's really comfy too.
A plus in this summer heat!










No comments:

Post a Comment