Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Word Wednesday

I'm going to start something new.  
This week I started a Bible study and I thought I would share with you something each Wednesday some thoughts I got out of my study.
This is a summer-long study of Proverbs 31.
The woman in this chapter is someone I think we all can aspire to.
The verse I'm going to pick this week is verse 3

"Do not give your strength to women, your ways to those who destroy kings."

This chapter is the words of a mother teaching her son, King Lemuel, how to find a good woman to be his wife.
Here in verse 3 she tells him not to give his strength to a woman who destroys kings.  
As women, we have the power to destroy or build up.  
Weather we realize it or not, it's true.
We do this in our words, actions & attitude.
I have noticed lately about myself that I tend to be negative.
This was a good reminder to me to be more positive, not to tear down.
Nobody likes a Debbie Downer, right?


If you are interested in doing this study with me go HERE for a study guide & ebook.
Also, a couple of my girlfriends and I started a group on facebook for this study.
If you'd like to be a part of our facebook discussion let me know and I'll add you to our friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment