Friday, May 25, 2012

Tshirt Week: Day 4


The contrasting pocket

I wanted to add a contrasting pocket to these shirts.
It's not a new idea, I've seen it HERE  and on a blog HERE and loved it.
I especially loved the striped shirt with a solid pocket.
Last fall I got these shirts on clearance for the boys.
I decided they needed a pocket.
It's a really simple project.

If  you have some pockets laying around just slap them on the shirt and you are done!
Or, if you are like me, and don't keep a pocket stash, here's what I did.
From a different tshirt that the boys outgrew I cut a 4 1/2" x 3 1/2" square from the bottom of the shirt, using the hem as the top of the pocket.
Pressed a 1/2" hem all the way around except the top
Pressed the bottom corners of the pocket up to create some interest
Pinned and sewed them onto the shirt

Here's a (fuzzy) close up

That's it!

Have you been getting into this Tshirt Week?
I'd love to see some of your projects if you did.
Just send them via email over to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment