Saturday, April 14, 2012

New Doll Clothes

Tomorrow is my niece's birthday.  
My SIL asked me to make some outfits for her American Girl doll.
Are you ready to see the new summer clothing line?
Let's get started.

First I need to introduce you to our model.  This is Castie.  
She is named Castie because she usually has a cast on her foot.  Makes sense, right?
Castie is having a bad hair day so we gave her a head wrap. 

Back to business.
The first outfit is a purple tshirt and a pair of jeans.
I used the Trendy Tee pattern by Liberty jane.  You can get that pattern HERE.
I painted gold dots cascading down the shoulder.
The pattern for the jeans was Simplicity #4786.


For this dress I used the Trendy Tee pattern but didn't make a hem, 
just sewed gathered skirt on to the bottom.




Next, we have a white babydoll top and pink capri's.
I thought it was only fitting that a baby doll had a babydoll top.
I used the Trendy Tee pattern and modified it, then added 3 crystal-like buttons.
The capri's are another pattern in the Simplicity pattern that I shortened a little bit.


Every girl needs a party dress.
This pattern was from HERE.
 It's a pale pink dress with a Burberry-esque ribbon around the waist.


And last, we have a green tunic with white dots and a white ruffle down the front and white cropped pants
I modified the Trendy Tee pattern by lengthening it and not using the sleeves.
The pants were from the simplicity pattern that I shortened to make cropped pants.

I have a few other things I made this week (for me!)  that I'll share with you soon.

Trish











No comments:

Post a Comment