Thursday, April 5, 2012

Boys Easter Outfits: Part 2

The second part of the boys Easter outfit is this vest

I had this seersucker fabric that I based their outfits off of.  
I wanted to make matching pants but I didn't have enough of the fabric.
I searched high and low to find more of it but to no avail.  
So we settled on just the vests.  
Seersucker is hard to photograph because of the thin stripes and we already know I don't have the best photographing skills. ;)
I think you get the basic jist of it, right?
The lining was made from a men's shirt.


And see...buttons!  
I'm not a huge fan of making button holes and sewing on buttons
 but I got over it and put 6 (six!) buttons on each vest.
I used THIS tutorial over at Shwin & Shwin to make the pattern for this vest.

When I started on the boy's Easter outfits it had been in the 70's & 80's for weeks.
Now we are back to regular spring-like weather and they are calling for a frost tonight.
I'm crossing my fingers that we don't have to hide their little outfits under their winter coats!

Stay tuned for Sister's Easter outfit.


No comments:

Post a Comment