Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day Shirt for the Boys

I wanted my little guys to have some kind of Valentine's shirt to wear but I knew I couldn't load it up with hearts, lace, pink and all the rest of the things that go along with Valentine's Day.  It's kind of a girly holiday but I thought they needed something...
I went poking around etsy but couldn't find exactly what I wanted so I made it.
I give you
The "I Love Mom" shirt


I cut a tie out of a t-shirt in my stash and made suspenders with some navy blue fabric.  I think it would have been easier to use ribbon for the suspenders but I didn't have any plain ribbon so I made them.  I  cut strips of fabric, ironed about 1/4 inches in length-wise, folded them in half, again lengthwise then sewed them closed.  I put "D" rings on the front to look like they are adjustable.  One thing I really wanted for these shirts is for the design to go onto the back too.


When I sewed the suspenders on, I continued them on the back.


My favorite part is the mom tattoo on the tie.  I sewed the tie onto the shirt and put a heart applique with a yellow ribbon that I sewed "mom" onto.

another look at the back.

I just love how my guys look in them!  They're my little stud muffins!

Update!  These shirts are now available in my Etsy shop.

Come back tomorrow for a little project I did for myself for Valentine's Day
What plans do you have for Valentine's Day?





1 comment: