Saturday, February 11, 2012

Cowl Neck Dress (A Sweatshirt Refashion)

I figured I should name this dress but couldn't come up with anything better than
The Necessary Evil Dress

I'll explain.  The first time I wore it was on my birthday a couple weeks ago.
I've come to the age now where birthdays really aren't exciting to me any more.  Remember when you just couldn't wait to be older?  When I was younger I was tall (I'm average height now) and everyone thought I was  about 5 years older.  Really, 5 years!  I found out that even my FIL thought I was that much older when we got married!  So I've come to the conclusion that birthdays are just one of those necessary evils.  I'm trying not to loathe them too much when they come around.

Now back to the dress.
It's a cowl sweatshirt dress.
Remember the sweatshirts on clearance I couldn't pass up at Target?
Here's some more

I turned these three sweatshirts into this dress.

I did snap some pictures along the way and thought about doing a tutorial.  Would you be interested in a tutorial?


My husband likes this dress.  He told me I could make them and sell them.  What a compliment!  It made me smile.
I bribed him with a kiss to take these pictures outside today.  He looked at me like I was crazy.  It's been a lot colder than it has been in a while but here I am traipsing around in the snow to take some pictures.  Matt made it fun though.  

Thanks for stopping by!
Trish






5 comments:

  1. This looks like nice and comfy dress! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so comfy and classy. Great refashion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! You have a very beautiful blog with a lot of inspiring posts! I'd like to invite you to be my friend and follow each other:)

    Cowl Neck Dress

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I definitely was inspired enough to pick up three sweatshirts yesterday:-). Sweats are so comfy but so... blah. You really managed to make them look lovely!

    ReplyDelete