Monday, January 23, 2012

Scarf week: Day 1

Here we are!  The very first series on P.Goodys!  I know it's a bit late in the day but I still made it, it's still Monday.  Let's get right down to it.  The first scarf I want to share with you is....

The Tartan



The fabric in most of the scarves I made are from the my stash.  I've really got to get my fabrics used up.  I have a lot.  This fabric came from a project I did for my BIL.  I had long thin strips of it left and didn't have the heart to get rid of it.  So here it is around my neck!  
It's a flannel plaid fabric with pom-pom trim around the edges. 
Very easy to make.  Here's how.

Cut your fabric approximately 62"x20"
I wanted the short sides of the scarf to be a bit pointed so I cut off a corner and slightly curved the edge on the side 

Sew a hem all the way around the scarf.
You can be finished now or if you want to make your scarf more awesome sew pom-pom trim all the way around, like I did.
I love it!  It's my new favorite scarf, I think.  
  
Here it is on


And another.

Come back tomorrow for another scarf!
I'm hoping I can get the new one posted earlier than today.  Sometimes life happens and some things have to wait til bed time, right?
See you tomorrow!
Trish






No comments:

Post a Comment