Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"The Cure" Soup

I need soup almost every day in the winter. I get a chill that lasts the entire winter so I live on soup, coffee and hot chocolate to try to warm up. In highschool I took a cooking Home Ec class for 2 years. Our teacher had us start a cookbook that we could add to through out the year and after highschool. By the time we got married we would have a good collection of recipes. I had the recipe written down in that cookbook but I don't remember where it came from. I made a few changes the other day and it turned out great. It's got an oriental vibe to it. This soup will cure what ails you. It's quick and easy too! The Cure Soup 32oz carton of Chicken broth 4 Cups of stir fry veggies 2 Tbs Soy sauce 1 tsp sesame oil 1 tsp fresh grated ginger 3 cloves garlic 1 pkg ramen noodles Put all ingredients into pot except the noodls. Bring to boil for 10-15 minutes til veggies are cooked. Add Ramen noodles (noodles only), cook 5 minutes more. Serve & enjoy! A side note: I like to feed my family healthy food and I do realize Ramen noodles are not the healthiest food on the planet. However, sometimes you just need a nice, warm, comforting bowl of noodles! Also, I'm having some technical difficulties and can't upload a pic of the soup. It will be up when I figure out what's going on. Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment