Monday, January 16, 2012

Chocolate....

So, how are those resolutions coming along?  I know one of the most popular resolutions made is eating better/healthier.  I don't know about you but if I feel like I'm deprived during a diet it's not going to go anywhere.  I've learned that you can eat almost anything you want just watch those portion sizes!  I know there are exceptions like a detox or something like that but mostly I try to eat healthy with a few treats here and there.  I need chocolate sometimes.  No, NEED.   Here are a couple low-fat but still good tasting chocolate splurges.

Hot Chocolate.  Not the boxed kind!  Make your own mix.  For about 5 years I've had a hot chocolate almost every single night.  Not kidding.  When I was pregnant with Aubrey my midwife didn't like that I wasn't drinking milk.  I'm just not a milk drinker so I had to find something to make the milk tasty.  On the Hershey's cocoa powder container there's a recipe for hot chocolate.  I've adapted it and this is how I make my hot chocolate.

1 mug (about 12 oz) skim milk
2 Tbs Cocoa powder.  Hershey's is the best in my opinion.  I've tried many kinds.
1Tbs sugar
dash of salt
couple drops vanilla

Heat milk til hot in microwave.  Add the rest of the ingredients.  Stir.  Optional: top with whip cream.
 Pinned Image
source:pintrest

Next Chocolate splurge:
Chocolate banana non-ice cream
I've seen something similar to this in a magazine but this is better.  A friend of mine on facebook  shared this. Let me tell you, it's delicious!!  This recipe makes about 2 servings.  Here's what you need.

3 bananas
2 Tbs cocoa powder
1 Tbs peanut butter
1-2 tsp agave nectar or honey
Blend all ingredients in blender or food processor.  Pour into a container and freeze.  When frozen, EAT!

What are some of your healthy/low-fat splurges?

Trish

2 comments:

  1. Hi Trish, thanks so much for sharing those recipes. Delicious. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Chris! I'm checking your blog now! :)

    ReplyDelete