Monday, December 5, 2011

Peppermint Twist dress

We have a lot of Christmas parties coming up and I wanted to make Aubrey a fun dress to wear to them.  Here's what I came up with,  the peppermint twist dress.
I had a lot of fun making this dress.  It was pretty easy too.  For the top I used a long sleeved t-shirt, cut off the hem and decorated the front.  For the tree I cut 10 strips of ribbon about 3 inches long, folded them in half and sewed them to the shirt.  I cut a small trunk out of a fabric scrap. The pom-pom on the top of the tree and on the waist band was made from scraps of fabric also.  The skirt got a little tricky.  I've never been a mathematician.  I wanted the skirt to look like a peppermint so I cut an angled pattern piece to try to do that.  The angles didn't work out quite right at first but I adjusted it and I like how the skirt came out.  You can't really see in the picture but the white in the skirt has snowflakes.  
She likes it.  That's a good thing.  
My husband and I went to his company's Christmas party on Saturday and she wanted to wear her party dress even though she wasn't going.  I love this girl! 

Trish




1 comment:

  1. This is so darling! Thanks so much for linking to my Saturday 7 Party!

    ReplyDelete