Saturday, November 19, 2011

You Have To Try This

When Aubrey was born a few sweet ladies from church brought us meals every day the first week we were home from the hospital.  One of the ladies brought us chicken enchiladas. They were so good.   No, I mean SO good.  They are yummy comfort food.  I asked her for the recipe.  If someone needs a meal this is the one I usually bring to them.  Now I'm going to share it with you.  I hope you try it.  Your family will love you for it.


Chicken Enchiladas
8-10 tortillas
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp chili Powder
1/2 tsp cumin
 8 oz cream cheese 3-4 small chicken breasts or 1/2 rotisserie chicken, shredded
3/4 Cup salsa
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can enchilada sauce

Pre-heat oven to 350*
In large sauce pan saute onion in olive oil til softened.  Add spices and cream cheese.  Cook on low til cheese is melted.  Add shredded chicken and salsa cook til heated through.  Remove from heat, add cheddar cheese.   Fill tortillas and put in greased 9x13 pan.  Cover with enchilada sauce and top with cheese.  Put enchiladas in oven 20 min. or til cheese is melted.

When I make chicken enchiladas we like to have sweet corn cake on the side.  I'm sure you can find a recipe online but we like this one and it's quick and easy to make
  

So here is our family's favorite meal.  It can easily be doubled and frozen for another time.  If you try it let me know how your family likes it!  Want another look at it?

Trish





1 comment:

  1. I can verify this!! You so nicely brought it to us when we had Tenley and it was SO good!!

    ReplyDelete