Monday, October 31, 2011

Hot Air Balloon

Trick-or-Treating marks the end of the October Craziness for us.  We had our big Bee-day Party (more on that coming soon) over the weekend, then trick-or-treating tonight.  I've been super busy crafting and have a lot to show you.  For today, since it is Halloween, I'll show you the hot air balloon.
Aubrey decided this is what she wanted to be.  Where in the world do I start this project?  I started looking online for ideas.  This is what I came up with.  Here's a quick run down on how I made it in case you want to do it next year.
I started with the basket.  It's a planter basket.  You know the ones you get the big Peace Lily's from the florist in.  I cut the bottom out using wire cutters.  I secured 3 wooden dowels, evenly spaced, first with wire, hot glue, then to cover the wires, duct tape.  You can't see it too well but there is fabric draped around the top of the basket to pretty it up.  The balloon is a beach ball I ordered online.  It had to be pink, Aubrey loves pink.  The dowels extended higher than the ball, so I cut them where they stopped squeezing the ball.  To secure the ball I wrapped duct tape around the dowels for the ball to sit on then wrapped the tape with fabric.  Then, hot glued ribbon( you can't really see it) to the dowels and tied them together at the top.
That's it!  It took about 2 hours to do.  She loved it.

The boys were dinosaurs.  I didn't make their costume but I have to tell you the deal I got on them.  Last year I got them at a store that was moving to a different location and was trying to get rid of a lot of inventory.  Want to guess how much I paid for them?  I'll tell you.  Two dollars!  I'm not kidding!  Brand new for $2 and before Halloween. 
This is not the best picture, I know.  But I will just tell you it is nearly impossible to get a good picture of very active, 1year old twins.  Add that to my not being the best photographer and this is what you get!
Oh, well.  I really am trying to get better at that.

Thanks for stopping by!

Trish 


No comments:

Post a Comment