Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Don't gnome alone


The Gnome Hoodie

These hoodies have been floating around in my head for a while now.  Back when I first had The Guys I had lots of  time to watch tv while nursing them.  My MIL pointed out some triplets who were in a commercial wearing snowsuits with a hood like this.  I knew I wanted to re-create something like that for The Guys.  I must say I love how they turned out.

I made my own pattern but you could easily make this a bit more simple by using a ready-made pattern.  All you would need to do is modify the hood of the pattern.

This was also an up-cycled project.  Both hoodies were made from a large men's sweatshirt and the orange stripe fabric was from a men's shirt.  The only new fabric was the blue ribbing I used.



















These could easily be made for a girl too.  Just change the colors a bit.


Thanks for the visit!

Trish


1 comment: