Wednesday, September 7, 2011

baby food

One fact about me:  I have 10 month old twins.  I love them to pieces!  Never in my life did I think I would get a set of twins.  I'm so glad I did.  One of the things that come along with babies, as you know, is feeding.  I'm still nursing them a few times a day, but we are working on that chapter coming to an end.  For their solid food, I have made 95% of it.  I know, why do it when you can buy it?  For starters, have you ever tried jarred baby food?  Most of it is not tasty at all.  We bought jarred food for our older daughter.  It's a wonder she eats vegetables at all.  I thought with her that I didn't have time to make baby food.  Now that I have my boys, I have even less time but I make time to make their food.  I feel it has more nutrition because it's not cooked as long and has no preservatives.  Also, the cost of buying jarred food for 2 babies is a lot.  I am able to make them organic food for less than the cost of buying regular food.

So, let me show you the easiest and best first food to make for your baby.

Applesauce
8 Apples
2 cups water
                                         
Put water in a pan, set to boil on stove.  Meanwhile, wash, peel, core & cut apples.  Put cut apples in water when boiling.  Cover & simmer 10 minutes or until apples are soft.
 
Allow mixture to cool slightly then put in blender.


Blend til completely pureed.  If needed, add a little bit more water.
Covered, this will last up to 2 days in the refrigerator.  Or, you can do what I do, freeze it.
Spray ice cube trays with non-stick spray.  Spoon pureed apples into tray.  Freeze.
Put in marked freezer bag when frozen.  This will last up to a month in the freezer.

That's it!  It's really simple.  Give it a try,  your baby will love you for it!

Trish
  


No comments:

Post a Comment